Friday, March 25, 2011

Spring Decorating

Here is our back entry.  Opposite this is a mirror image but divided into 3 lockers, one for each of our children.  This bench seems to be the dumping space as we come in from the cold, take off boots, exchange after school hugs etc.  This nice creamy white bench has been acquiring quite a few marks due to use.  Today I decided to add a few touches of sunny spring to this area.
 

I picked up some flowering branches at HomeSense.

I created a new bench cushion for a softer landing.  Repainted an old plastic key (remember the ones in groupings of 3 in our grandmothers kitchen with the gold and orange wall paper?).  Turned my flowering branches into a little wreath.  Pulled out the target cushion I had purchased back in October waiting for the perfect spot to place it.   I am loving the cheery yellow greeting us when we come into the house now.  The only thing left to do... I think I need to paint those light colored baskets a nice dark grey with white trim at the top.

3 comments:

  1. Marci, I LOVE your entry bench! I wish I had a place to put something like that. Your updates look great. Love the pillow. Just came across your blog and I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...I love it...awesome pillow!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house is so beautiful! I can't wait to build our house (I hope this year!) I want to do a space just like your cubbie above for all the kids JUNK!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog too!!!!

    ReplyDelete