Here are the results. I am pretty pleased with how it turned out, and although when I started painting this fabric I had no intentions of it being actual art, or for it to hang here I am pretty pleased with it.
Want the DIY Details? Click on Read More to follow the jump.
I started with a large piece of fabric. I believe it was drapery lining that I was using (just what I found in my stash). Then I primed it with white drywall primer. Any primer would do the trick that is just what I had on hand.
I made myself a stencil out of paper from the kids art easel and started painted in between my two stencils. It is best to use a fairly dry brush so the paint does not bleed underneath the stencil.
I continued painting until I had all my zigzag's painted.
I wasn't really happy with this crisply painted look and thought it needed a little more depth so I ran a couple of rows of double sided carpet tape down the full length. Press down and rip off. I reused my strips until I had the full piece done.
Here it is with a little more ruffed up look.
A close up of what the carpet tape accomplished for me.
I picked up a large frame at the salvage center for $1 and painted it our trim color.
Here it is again in its new home.
Tatertots and Jello