So I am making a little progress on the office desk I am working on that you can read about here.
Here is the stack of walnut slat cut offs from my Dad's shop that I am using to create a new top.
With the kids tucked into bed and the husband off to a hockey, I started gluing down all the slats.
This part was really easy and seemed to go very well so the next day I took it back out to my dad's shop to trim the edges down and sand.
I was just about finished with the sanding when these little problem areas showed up. I had used too much glue in these 3 areas which caused them to heave leaving very thin 'veneer'. Now I have to chisel out the slats in these 3 spots so I can glue down new ones in their place and start sanding again.
Very frustrating but I saw a glimpse of how great it will look before these areas showed up so I am determined to keep on. I already have the slats replaced in one of the 3 areas.