Friday, September 23, 2011

Natural Twig Wreath

Thanks to pinterest I came across this beautiful wreath.

The Painted Hive
A quick hop over to The Painted Hive and I was equipped with a list of supplies and directions on how to make this beauty.


A beautiful fall day led us on a sponaneous walk to the river to collect driftwood twigs with a friend.


The assembly of the wreaths was fairly straight forward.  The only change we made in the construction of our wreaths was to cut the glue sticks to the appropriate size, lay them around the backing and use a heat gun to heat the glue.  This allowed us to work in 1/4 sections of the wreath without having to glue each individual piece.  A quick reheat also allowed for easy adjustments.


As I still have many blank walls there was so many potential spots to hang this wreath.  A little tour around this house concluded that our ensuite was the perfect spot for this new addition.


My girlfriend plans to spray hers white.  While I orginally had it in my head I would spray mine silver I am enjoying the natural beauty of the weathered driftwood.

Want to make your own?  Check out the details from Kristine over at The Painted Hive.

5 comments:

  1. Great job! It came out beautiful. I also love the natural color of the driftwood branches and would leave it just like that. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's gorgeous. What an amazing idea - so simple, so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting! I love your bathroom and the log. Your place looks incredible. I have to come back and snoop around some more when I have more time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. really really cool - I love yours left au naturale...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love it left just the way it is....simply and perfect for the size of wall you have it on ....love it!

    ReplyDelete